Thursday, November 21, 2013

Quick update 11/21/13

    Just a quick update for everyone: We're in North Carolina. Cassie and I met back up with Dan, Scott and SomeDay in Portsmouth, did the Dismal Swamp Canal, and are now tied up to the free docks in Elizabeth City on the Pasquatonk River. Laundry, showers and supplies are on the list of things to do and tomorrow I think we might take off for the Alligator River on our continuing trip south.
    We also met up with a Canadian couple from Halifax who bought a Tanzer 22 in Norfolk and are sailing to Guatemala with almost literally no money. I'm sure we'll be helping them out along the way, just as we've helped each other in a scrape. Small boat, but they seem happy. In some ways I envy them. They have companionship and only room for the essentials. Some days Cassandra feels too big, but she's actually just about right I think.
    Anyway, I got a couple pictures from along the way they'll probably go up in a few days, whenever I get internet again. I forgot to bring my camera to the library today.

No comments:

Counter